Wednesday 7 July 2010

Why going to London is always a good plan

Yesterday I went on a day trip to London with my sister and my mum. It was awesome, if a little on the confusing side thanks to the underground and the buses.

First we went to London Zoo, which we found after traipsing around Camden and Regent's Park for a good ten minutes. I think I liked the butterflies the most, simply because it was truly a hands on experience, as the butterflies were continually fluttering around and landing on me and my sister.



Then we got back on the bus to go to Madame Tussauds, on Baker street (where we found a rather HUGE statue of Sherlock Holmes, and decided to pose with him). We didn't have too much time to get through it, but somehow we managed to do it in an hour or so.



I think the best waxwork was Johnny Depp - he's rather gorgeous. I didn't realise that celebrities were so tall though! Being only 5 ft 2, I was dwarfed by nearly all of the waxworks. Only Christina Aguilera was the same size as me.



I think I now have a little bit of a crush on Nick Jonas, who performed really well in Les Miserables as Marius. So not only did I get to see a damn good show, but I got a bit of celebrity spotting too!

Oh, and talking of celebrity spotting, mum saw an actor on Baker Street. We're not quite sure what his name was, but apparently he's famous (Angus Deayton or something). I saw Lucy Beale off Eastenders in the West end.. Ahahaha.

Anyway.

The best part about the show is that I didn't expect to like it, but did. Appreciate it, yes, but liking it is slightly different. The songs that I knew were sang beautifully. The comedy was just right and the love scenes wern't overly soppy so I didn't mind them.



I thought the war bits would be boring but in fact they were full of emotion that I could relate to, or sympathise with. The best part of the performance was of course the singing. The main characters all sang very well, and some of the scenes were so touching (the death of a character, for example).

All in all, I had a very fulfilling day, and took several pictures while I was at it. I think I will always remember the theatre as the best part, purely because I enjoyed every moment, despite thinking I wouldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment