Tuesday 13 December 2011

Getting in the Spirit (no, not THAT kind of spirit)

Yes people, it's Christmas. The geese are getting so big that they can't waddle any more and people have started singing at us once again.

This year, I am getting more and more excited about the beautiful possibilities of the holiday. For one thing, I can't wait to get back to the family and enjoy their racous celebrations (even the inevitable board games and the uncle who got so drunk last year that we had to put him to bed, crying about how lovely we all were).
...Of course the presents are always a bonus, but what I really want to see is the look on my sister's face when she opens this one present... I can't say what it is though, because she might read it.

This year, I have discovered the brilliance of Amazon wishlists. Well, ok, I didn't, but I found out about them and now I can't stop counting how many gifts I have recieved, as well as browsing the site for more bargains to get in the future.

Anyway, this time of year is all about being happy and singing along to those god-awful Christmas tunes ('Mistletoe and Wine' anyone?). So I think we should all get in the spirit, whether it is sitting in a pile of shredded newspaper with your sister and making paper chains (yeah, we did that), making your own Chirstmas cards or buying so much ribbon your presents look like they've taken style tips from Ronald McDonald.We should all do our bit to make this Christmas just a little bit more special.

PS: Sparkle is totally in.. don't forget to cover everything with it.

Epic German Christmas Markets     

No comments:

Post a Comment